Bamboo Longboards are becoming popular day by day as they offer more flexibility than maple boards. Moreover, these boards are considered as the best option for cursing around the streets as they are lightweight and offer lots of flexibility.
Top 5 Best Bamboo Longboards
- Quest Super Cruiser Artisan Bamboo Skateboard Longboard
- Atom Drop Through Longboard
- Krown Krex 2 Bamboo Freestyle Complete Longboard
- Krown Krex 2 Bamboo Pintail Complete Longboard, 9×43-Inch
- Sector 9 Drop-Thru Bamboo Lookout II Green Wave Complete Downhill Longboard
Reviews of five best Bamboo Longboards:
It is a 44 inch Artisan Bamboo Longboard that comes with original abstract graphics, 70 mm PU wheels and 7 inch rugged aluminium trucks. With such power packed specifications, this model is considered as the best option for cursing around the streets. Its attractive design and superb performance make it the best option for the young riders to move around the city.
This model is quite popular among the youngsters as they can use it for transportation purpose. A user can easily store this board in the corner of a room, which makes it the best option for daily use.
- Superior quality components ensure incredible performance.
- It offers maximum durability.
- Strong multi-ply hardwood is used, which makes it easy for riders to perform tricks.
- It is available for $71 only
- Do not come with additional pair of wheels, which can be replaced once the wheels are damaged.
- Constant use of the board leads to a roughness in the wheels.
- It is specifically designed for professional riders only.
Click here to read my review about Quest Super Cruiser Artisan Bamboo Longboard Skateboard, 10 x 44 Inch Review
Atom Drop Through longboard ensures maximum comfort because of its shape and grip tape. Riders who are new to longboarding will find this model to be the best option out in the industry as it comes with a bamboo deck with photo heat transfer graphic, 70 mm Atom 51 wheels, ABEC 9 bearings and Coarse 46 grit grip.
One the major reasons behind its mammoth popularity is not only its powerful specifications, but also its superb performance. In order to get the most out of longboarding, it is necessary to maintain grip and control over the board and this model is capable of providing better grip and control than the other low segment boards available in the industry.
- It weighs 8 pounds only, which makes it easy for the riders to carry around.
- A perfect option for beginners as it offers maximum comfort and stability.
- It comes with a traditional board design, which is not liked by the new riders.
- A user needs to pay a hefty amount of $115 to buy this model.
Click here to read my review about Atom Drop Through Longboard Review
Krown Krex Longboards are known for its incredible performance and attractive designs. Krown Krex 2 Bamboo Freestyle Complete Longboard has been highly appreciated by the professional riders as well as new riders as it comes with a beautiful design and offers best riding experience.
A beginner, who is looking for a top quality board below $100, should definitely consider this model as the best option. This model has a lot to offer as a rider can use this board to perform some advanced level tricks, use it to enjoy different riding styles and much more. This model supports some incredible features such as bamboo board deck, 71mm 78a wheels and 7” wheels trucks along with speed bearings.
- Best in strength and rigidity that allows the rider to use this board for enjoying different riding styles.
- Freestyle shape and 7” trucks with speed bearings offer maximum speed and a high turning radius.
- Sleek design and looks stylish.
- Bearings are just good enough for free riding and cruising.
- It doesn’t come with attractive looks
Click here to read my review about Krown Krex 2 Bamboo Freestyle Complete Longboard
This pintail longboard offers attractive looks and a classy ride. This model comes with multiple layers of bamboo which is baked, 71 mm wheels and 7.0 trucks. Board deck is coated with a special and highly durable grit spray which gives a unique look to the longboard. Moreover, the pintail shape allows the rider to enjoy a smooth ride.
- It offers maximum speed because of 71 mm wheels and speed bearings.
- This model comes with excellent dimensions, which makes it easy for rider to deal with the board.
- It supports some incredible features and is available for $74 only.
- Trucks are not properly aligned.
- It doesn’t allow the rider to take sharp turns.
Click here to read my review about Krown Krex 2 Bamboo Pintail Complete Longboard, 9×43-Inch
Sector 9 is a renowned brand in the longboarding industry and is trusted by many riders from all over the world. The company is not only known for its top quality Longboards, but also for the board components.
Sector 9 Drop-Thru Bamboo Lookout II Green Wave Complete Downhill Longboard has raised the standard of the company as it is best in performance and durability. This model is made from 100% renewable bamboo and supports all superior quality sector 9 components.
- 10” Gullwing chargers with 74mm nine ball wheels are used, which allows the riders to perform advanced level tricks with complete safety.
- It comes with green wave graphic, which gives a classy look to it.
- It is priced at $170, which cannot be afforded by many riders.
Click here to read my review about Sector 9 Drop-Thru Bamboo Lookout II Complete Downhill Longboard Skateboard Review
There are some important things which need to be carefully considered before buying a bamboo longboard.
Longboard decks come in four different sizes, i.e. micro, mini, mid-size and full size. Each size is designed for specific age group. Micro boards are designed for kids under 5 and measures 6-6.5 inches wide, mini boards measure 7” and are perfect for older kids. Mid-size is one of the common deck sizes for kids, while full size boards are designed for adults and measures 7.5” or wider. So, it is better to buy a longboard according to your age group, height and shoe size.
Speed, stability and overall board performance are majorly dependent on wheels. Wheels are usually made up of polyurethane and are available in different shapes and sizes. Larger wheels make it easy for the rider to deal with the irregularities in surface and enjoy a smooth ride. So, while buying a bamboo longboard, don’t forget to check out the wheels.
Trucks are responsible for attaching the wheels to the board. It is quite important to choose the right trucks in order to enjoy a steady ride. So, while buying a bamboo longboard, make sure the trucks do not exceed 10 inches. Moreover, the truck size should be similar to the width of the bamboo longboard.
Price is always an important factor. Longboards available in online stores is less costly as compared to the similar board models available in local longboard shops. It doesn’t mean that you are making the smartest decision as a model that looks quite appealing in the catalogue picture, might not look the same in reality.
These are some of the important factors which must be carefully checked before making a purchase. There are several bamboo Longboards models available in the industry that is capable of offering an incredible performance.
Issues with Bamboo Longboards
Bamboo Longboards are considered a better option than maple boards, but there are few issues related to this environment friendly boards that affect its popularity. Let’s have a look at some of the issues related to bamboo Longboards.
- Users find it difficult to maintain bamboo Longboards as compared to maple Longboards. Apart from some top models, it is little difficult for the user to clean a bamboo longboard.
- A user needs to pay a little more to buy bamboo Longboards as compared to other boards. However, it is totally worth to spend a little extra as they offer better performance as compared to maple Longboards.
- One major issue with these boards is that they do not provide better grip in wet conditions. A rider will find it difficult to maintain his grip and balance over the board in wet conditions as the board deck becomes too slippery. Even a professional rider will find it difficult to maintain his balance in such condition, which means a beginner, should not step onto the board in such condition. However, it is also difficult to ride on maple boards in wet conditions, but not as difficult as riding on bamboo Longboards.
These are some of the major issues related to bamboo Longboards. Apart from these minor issues, bamboo Longboards are far better than maple Longboards as they offer better comfort, flexibility and durability. Bamboo Longboards are a onetime investment as it doesn’t get damaged quickly. You can enjoy a smooth ride for years by buying these types of Longboards.
Moreover, bamboo has a minimal effect on the environment as it doesn’t support deforestation. So, you should also prefer bamboo Longboards over maple Longboards in order to enjoy better comfort, flexibility and durability and save the environment.