The world of drop through longboards is getting more and more diverse, making it difficult for you to choose a Best Drop Through Longboard. Therefore, I will take this complete review to introduce you to five longboards which have been highly appreciated by a considerable number of users all over the world. Keep reading; then you will be likely to find what you want.
Top 10 Best Drop Through Longboard
Atom Drop Through Longboard (41-Inch)
- LONGBOARD ENGINEERING - VOLADOR gives engineering specifically any extra attention. Drop-through mounting translates into greater stability and improved push efficiency. Aluminum 7” reverse kingpin trucks are adjustable to either 50°for carving/freeriding or 45° for cruising/commuting. Softer 70x51mm 78A PU wheels fitted with ABEC-9 precision bearings bring shock-absorption, kick efficiency, and maximum traction, making this board ideal for commuting situations.
- MATERIALS & MANUFACTURING - 8-Ply hardrock maple deck is durable and offers a generous platform at 42” x 9”. The A356 aluminum alloy used in trucks deserves more credit, which is a high-grade alloy used in the aerospace industry for high-strength applications like rocket engines and missiles.
- ARTWORKS - VOLADOR always commission custom art from Europe, Russia, and Asia to provide an eclectic blend of beautiful styles to choose from.
- BEGINNERS’ GOOD BUY - VOLADOR is a good option for beginners uncertain about their commitment to longboarding. While affordable, the overall quality, comfort, and durability meet the standards of more experienced longboarders.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - VOLADOR has been consistently ranked in the Top 5 longboard, and no simple feat against top-shelf brands with a presence in the marketplace. We are committed to provide the best customer service and will take care of any quality issue.
Ok, let me first ask you a question: are you ready to get more “down to earth” with the great Atom Drop-Through Longboard? Yes, with the superior stability, this fantastic product is considered an ideal option for downhill. Also, it is easy to push, making it perfect for long distance riding or simply kicking around town/campus. Experiencing it, I guarantee that you will certainly love the deck’s 9 1/2″ of turning leverage as you enjoy the comfort in its “no wheel bite guarantee.”
Volador 42inch Freeride Longboard
Do you want to experience the adrenaline rush that will make you remember it the rest of the day !? Volador 42 inch Freeride Longboard is your ticket to board surfing heaven. With 8-hard maple, it’s durable and sturdy that can last a lifetime of usage. Surf any surface you like, the Camber maple deck can absorb any shock you give it, while its turning performance is like none other, making it number one longboard and might be your first choice. Bumps upto 70 mm high? Volador makes it look like rolling on silk; with ABEC-7 precision bearings, it can bear longer distance with every paddle.
Rimable Drop-through Longboard (41-inch)
Are you board surfing junkie? Looking for the best longboard that gives you the highest pleasure of boarding experience? Look no further, for Rimable Drop-through Longboard is the best ride that will hook you up for the rest of your life. Enjoy the benefits of standard drop through with the added feature of tighter turning radius. It will let you navigate through anything; be it crowded street or simple cones; you will be weaving through them like a breeze. Its low deck makes pushing easy with 9.5” width of deck powers you through turns. Enjoy a smooth ride with 70 mm PU wheels and ultra-low resistance to feel the easy breezy drive.
Santa Cruz Lion God Rasta Drop Thru Cruzer
This 40-inch board includes 75mm 78a OJ Thunder Juice Wheels with Road Rider 180 Trucks and Santa Cruz Bearings, which are all held together by a black Santa Cruz grip tape, giving it high stability and making it an excellent choice for downhill carving.
Sector 9 Aperture Sidewinder Drop Through Downhill
The Sector 9 Fractal seems to put everything into perspective because its Sidewinder truck setup allows you to turn on a dime and wrap around corners with ease. The Fractal Longboard is a 34\” cruiser which makes use of length to keep you stable on any fast downhill runs. Last but not least, the fact that it is outfitted with Gullwing Sidewinder trucks, and double-kingpin on the Fractal helps to build some camera-worthy turns and slides put response directly underneath your feet.
Drop Through Longboard vs. Top Mount
The difference between the drop through and top mount longboards is due to the way the truck is attached to it. This mechanism makes all the difference between the two. Here we are going to discuss these differences.
- In top mounted, the trucks are directly attached to the bottom of the deck, giving it greater agility in turns which are much sharper giving you the freedom of weaving through the crowd with great skill. People who want to enjoy their interlacing skills with great grip, top mount is their answer. In drop through, the truck is on top of the deck with hanger drops through the bottom, hence the name. This gives the space for the deck to be near to the ground helping its speed and efficacy in pushing while making it more stable. So the people are in need of speed, drop through longboards give them the thrills they crave.
- Top mount longboards have considerably more control and grip in sliding down the hill, especially in involuntary slides. So they make the downhill experience more rewarding with its excellent grip and control over its turns. Due to its lower deck, drifting is more natural and gives you the luxury of long distance pushing. It makes it an excellent commuter board.
- The difference is not that stark, but still, they are pertinent differences, enough to give you different quality of rides. Having said that, both of them gives you the pleasure of smooth rides nevertheless.
- 【Sturdy & Solid】31" x 8" complete skateboard, 7 layers Canadian maple wood deck match with 5 inch reinforced aluminum alloy trucks provide you solid and reliable support. Maximum carrying weight of the skateboard is up to 220 pounds.
- 【Smooth Ride】Equipped anti-shock 95A High Rebound PU car line wheels and carbon steel high-speed mute ABEC-7 bearings matching with PU bushings, smooth and wear-resistant, provide stable & powerful grip during skating. Suitable for all smooth surface even some rough ground. Just enjoy a wonderful skate experience.
- 【Better Control】Equipped waterproof and environment friendly sandpaper which provided high friction and strong anti-slip, the emery sand paper matching with classic double kick concave design provide you safety experience and better control, also help you learn more tricks easily.
- 【Cool Patterns Design】Spends lots of time selecting a variety of gorgeous and ColorNameful patterns printed on skates boards, personalized pattern design to meet people different aesthetic needs. Attractive graphics style including punk, new wave, vintage, classic etc .Patterns printed on skateboards with heat transfer process can maintain longer service life.
- 【No assembly required】This complete skateboards is fully assembled.
Drop Down Longboard Pros and Cons
Also known as drop platform longboard, the platform of these boards is designed to lower your centre of gravity. This longboard is higher from the ends and the middle section is a little lower. It has its plus points and negative points which are discussed below.
- Due to its down to earth centre, drop down longboard is incredibly stable and gives you the luxury of a safe and smooth ride. It decreases the chances of wobbly rides when you are going downhill especially and this helps you to enjoy speed with stability.
- Its lower deck helps the rider to have maximum control and grip of the board. Result is secure initiation and control of the slides.
- Drop down longboards are ideal for long distance commuting as it is closer to the ground which makes paddling easier and you can find it easy to push and get long distance slides as compared to top mount longboards.
- Drop down longboards have the extra agility of free rides as their shape is designed in such a way that gives the rider a good foothold, especially during the hard slides.
- The lower deck of the drop-down longboard doesn’t allow it a smooth ride on bumpy road or even on a few bumps. Due to it’s close to ground proximity, any bump on the road can bring your joyride to a complete halt.
- As the riders’ weight and that of the deck is totally supported by the trucks; so they are made stiff to endure that kind of weight. Due to the stiffness of design, drop down longboards are not very effective in making sharp turns, which can be annoying at times.
Drop down longboards are best starter longboard for beginners to get firm grip and stability which is necessary to get the beginners to learn surfing from scratch.
See more: Best Longboard for College
Drop Down Longboard vs. Drop Through
Drop down longboards and drop through longboards feature very subtle differences in their designs and their functionalities. For a starter, both feature low decks in their design which is their strong point making them more sustainable and easy to maneuver. But they do have some different features that differentiate them from one another. Here, we are going to discuss these differences in detail.
- Drop down and drop through decks both are close to the ground, but as far as stability is concerned, drop down are much more stable than drop through. They are more comfortable as well as the design and texture used on the drop down makes it easier for the rider to get a firm foothold on it. That feature is not present in drop through.
- Drop through longboards are much better rides for freestyle riding so it quite popular with freestyle skaters. Drop down on the other hand, are best for downhill rides as it gives better control and grip of the board making downhill experience worth remembering, in a good way, that is!
- Drop down longboards are better in pushing than drop through and hence, are better long distance commuters than drop through. Their pushing ability adds to their speed as well, so when you want to take long comfortable rides and commute with speed, Drop down longboard is a better choice.
- Drop through is more responsive to leverage and can easily be turned and has the ability to drift more easily than drop down. For drop down longboards, drifting doesn’t come easy as, to turn, the board has to move away from the centre to turn. Drop down doesn’t have that type of dexterity as compared to drop through.
As mentioned before, the differences are subtle but you can feel the difference in their rides. So whichever longboard you choose, you can get them to do what the other board features, but with a little skill that makes the human factor count as well.
Ok, so now, have you found your dream drop through longboard? Each item out of the Best Drop Through Longboard above has its great features, meeting the individual requirement of users, but in general, they are all perfect for drop-through. So consider your conditions and your wishes then choose one of the great items right now. Yeah, after experiencing Drop Through Longboard, if it’s possible, I highly recommend you checking pintail longboard, which is also fantastic. There is also a complete review of longboard styles for you to make a choice quickly.
- dropthrough longboard
- dropdown longboard deck