Freestyle is a popular longboarding style as it is a combination of freestyle and downhill. This style involves some cool tricks such as slides, spins and many more which can be performed along with the downhill track.
While buying a longboard for freestyle riding, you need to consider several factors such as the length of the board. You should never buy a board whose length exceeds 42 inches because if the board length is too long, then you cannot perform all the tricks with ease. Before looking at the best freestyle longboard, let’s have a look at some of the factors to be considered before buying a longboard for free riding.
- You should always prefer to buy a board whose length is in between 38 to 42 inches and the width is in between 8-10.5 inches. Such boards are perfect for free riding as they have the best handling which makes it easy to perform tricks.
- The trucks used in a longboard should be strong enough to allow sharp turns and spins and it should have an angle of 40-45 degrees for better stability. So, look out for the trucks quality before buying any board for freestyle riding.
- Medium or smaller size wheels are perfect for this longboarding style as they offer a better stability. So, avoid long size wheels in order to safely enjoy this popular riding style.
Top 5 best freestyle longboard
Landyachtz Switch 40 “Fox Red”
- This board comes with a perfect board size required for freestyle riding, which makes it the best model. This model has 40 inches length size and 9.65 width size, which is responsible for providing more stability and making it easy for the rider to perform some cool tricks without any difficulty.
Sector 9 Dropper 41
- Sector 9 is a renowned brand in the skateboarding industry and Sector 9 Dropper 41 is an amazing model for practising freestyle. With 41.7 inches in length, 9.5 inch width, long tail and nose allow the rider to make a couple of amazing tricks during the downhill riding.
DB Urban Native 38
- DB Urban Native 38 is 38 inches in length and 9.85 inches in width. Moreover, this model has perfect cut-outs which not only gives it an attractive look, but also provides better flexibility which is definitely a major benefit in this longboarding style.
Arbor Axis Bamboo 40
- This model is inspired from the original design of a snowboard and is a popular best freestyle longboard because of its perfect size, bamboo material and some other incredible features. This model is very well known for its smoothness as it allows the rider to make a spin and slide smoothly.
Santa Cruz Rob Hand Footstop 40
- This model comes with 40 inches in length and 10 inches in width, which makes it perfect for freestyle riding. Moreover, this model has superb graphics which attract several riders towards it as most of the riders are looking for a freestyle board with better stability and cool looks and this model offer all these features.