If you have recently got yourself a new longboard deck, it’s time to look for a perfect grip tape to enjoy a flawless ride. When it comes to pro skating, grip tape is unavoidable as it helps you to stay on the board while maintaining balance. It is one of the essential accessories you need to do some skating tricks or attempt fast cruising. For different skating styles and longboards, there are different types of grip tapes. To become a pro and a decent skater, you should have some information about the grip tapes so you may make the right choice when buying one. Here are five grip tapes we’ll discuss in this review to help you upgrade your skating levels. Cast an eye through all five of them and decide which one suits you best!
Top Rated Grip Tape for Longboard
Things You Should Know
Although grip tapes are necessary for all skaters, attempting styles from freeride to downfall, they are much essential for the ones who are so much into skating tricks and fast cruising. There are different types of grip tapes that exit with different textures. From thicker to medium, you can go with any grain type according to your needs. For a standard grip, the medium grain does great.
You may also consider different grip tape designs, colors, and cuts by following your preferences. Just keep one thing in mind that for a better skating experience, you need a great grip. You may also go with different shapes but make sure that the area covered by your feet must be layered with excellent grip tape. The size of the deck and the size of the grip tape longboard should be supportive of each other. Also, the more the grip tape will be sticky, the more it will be easier to apply on the deck.
Best Longboard Grip Tapes
1. Mob Skateboard Grip Tape Sheet Black 9″ BUBBLE FREE
The first on our grip tapes list is this Mob Skateboard grip tape that provides a great non-slippery surface and promises to enhance your skating rides. With its super-stickiness, this grip tape won’t peel off, no matter how up or down the temperature goes. Its application is utterly bubble-free because its tiny, barely visible holes allow the trapped air to escape so it doesn’t suppress any air, making it lighter and easy to perversely. Considering its quality and functioning, the price is nothing!
- The griptape choice of professional skateboarders. Hundreds of barely-visible perforations that allow air to escape for a bubble-free application
- Exclusive silicon-carbide grit binding process for grip that will not wear out
- High-strength, waterproof, tear-proof backing that trims cleanly every time
- Super sticky adhesive that won't peel in extreme heat or cold
- Grip tape sold by BC Surf and Sport are carefully rolled then put in individual boxes
2. Diamond Supply Co Grizzly Grip Tape ( Black )
The next on the list of best grip tapes is this Grizzly grip tape that offers a right hold to professionals on the deck. It’s much sticky and provides a perfect grip required to do skating tricks and attempt fast cruising. You may apply this yourself as it offers a bubble-free application with its hardly noticeable perforations. It’s a simple lack grip tape with a cute bear cut out, giving a nice grizzly effect!
3. Grizzly Stamp Print Black/Red 9×33 M. Santiago – Single Sheet
Here comes this classy printed Grizzly grip tape, made by the Diamond Supply Company. It’s a 9″ x 33″ single black sheet, featuring a printed stamp of Grizzly in hot red color. It provides a fantastic grip and is quite easy to apply. With its tiny holes in the back, the air escapes easily, leaving no bubbly effect behind when asked. In short, this grip tape is ready to give your deck a beautiful look while offering you a perfect grip for fast cruising.
4. Jessup Single Sheet Grip tape
It’s a single sheet, 9″ x 33″, black grip tape that promises to add grip to any surface. It’s quite adhesive and pretty easy to cut into any shape required. Whether you’re into cruising or pro tricks, this grip tape won’t kill your shoes at all. With its sufficient width, people riding wider decks won’t face a problem in covering the whole area. It’s very sticky, and quality is also pretty impressive.
- Long lasting Jessup Griptape, The Original skateboard griptape provides rock solid bonding to deck surface, effortless conformability, easy trimming without tearing, and superior durability for professional use.
- Land all your tricks with confidence with this trusted griptape. Jessup Griptape, The Original griptape roll is made of silicon carbide grit with an aggressive adhesive designed specifically for the demands of the skateboard industry.
- This black skateboard griptape roll measures 10 inches by 60 feet.
- Used by skaters the world over, Jessup Griptape, The Original skateboard griptape provides skateboarders with maximum grip for ultimate riding control in the skatepark or on the street.
- Solvent based adhesive sticks to any board so you can customize without limits while the high traction gives you maximum control when you need it most.
5. Black Diamond Longboard Grip tape Sheet Black 10 x 48
The last on the list but not the least comes this highly recommended Black Diamond longboard grip tape. Easy to put on and sticks nicely, this grip tape provides enhanced stability to pro skaters. It’s quite durable that you won’t witness any signs of wear even after months of its installation. It provides a strong grip and removes all possibilities of slipping, no matter how advanced tricks you attempt.
Due to reasonable costs and impressive features, these grip tapes will improve your skating drills. If these are not what you’re looking for, check out some more grip tapes here to find something that fits your requirements.
No matter how high-quality or expensive a longboard you get yourself, a good grip tape should be able to cover every inch of the board so that it can perform to its fullest. A tape provides your skate shoes firm grip, allowing you to perform advanced drills and enjoy quick rides. From the size of the grip to its stickiness and scratchy surface, different features need to be considered when buying a grip tape so just take your time and think about what feature you need the most. If you want to be a pro skater, check out the above mentioned best grip tapes for longboards and kick thrill into longboard cruising!
Thank you for reading! I hope you have found what you have been looking for!