“What to expect from the best skateboard for cruising?”.
Skateboards for cruising are a common vehicle of rolling around or commuting from home to work, or to school effortlessly.
The best skateboard for cruising should feature a deck with concave and compatible wheels so that you can hop on and off easily, as well as direct the board accurately. Styles and designs should also be interesting, fresh that bring a new wind to the skateboard.
Below is an ultimate buying guide of the best skateboard for cruising to help you make informed decisions. Moreover, don’t miss the 6 top-rated cruisers on the market.
Top 10 Best Skateboards for Cruising
How to Choose the Best Cruising Boards
When it comes to land cruising, the skateboard has to be picked very carefully. Unlike other sports, skateboarding is all about right equipment. It’s true that practice and learning are essential, but if your skateboard is right for cruising, you cannot even learn it.
It is very much essential to pick the most suitable skateboard from the market regarding size, shape, and weight. With the right equipment will help yourself develop your talent to the fullest extent.
Thereby, never take skateboard purchase easy and consider every single factor to end up paying for the right piece. To cut a long story short, a rider’s skills get polished when he steps on a perfect skateboard so getting the best skateboard for yourself is important!
May you like: Skateboards for Beginners – Reviews & Buying Guide.
Skateboard is made up of different parts among which deck is the most important one. It’s a platform on which riders stand and is attached to wheels. Here are a few important factors you need to consider to make a right choice:
To choose a right deck for cruising, don’t forget to find the width. Usually, the width of skateboard decks lies between 7.5” to 8.7”. Skaters who need more space for feet to ride comfortably should opt for more extensive decks while those who are more into performing tricks and skating around the street should go for narrower decks. Best cruiser skateboard for beginners is also the one with the small deck as it’s easy to handle and roll. Deck width is usually for the overall control so pick the right width that suits you and will give you the best control over your skateboard!
The next thing to consider when choosing a deck is its length. There are different lengths usually ranging from 28” to 32” and even longer than that. Width and length of decks go hand in hand because shorter boards are usually narrower and longer boards are wider. Once again, it all depends on the rider’s height and riding style. Beginners who are still learning how to build control over the deck must go with shorter boards whereas professionals with tall heights know how to roll a longer board hence can go with something even closer to 40”.
Every deck has a wheelbase that determines the distance between both sets of wheels. Trucks are installed in the wheelbase holes to attach wheels so usually the wheelbase ranges from 13” to 15” and is preferred by rider’s height and riding style. Those with tall heights and years of experience should go with a broader wheelbase and beginners should prefer a narrower wheelbase to learn balance choosing what suits you the most will maximize your overall performance.
The nose of the deck is the front part of it. It is usually thicker and longer than the tail of the deck.
The back of a deck is called its tail. It is usually thinner and shorter than the nose and helps in creating balance.
The lowered area in a deck is called concave. You must have noticed that the nose and tail of most of the decks seem upwards while the middle part has a little sunken indentation. This feature allows riders to enjoy more control and balance. Concave in a deck works as a foot holder so you must not fall while performing tricks and cruising on uneven surfaces. A deck with concave is ideal for freestyle cruising as well. With concave design it will help you keep your footing when doing tricks!
After deck, wheels are the next important thing you will be considering to choose a right skateboard. Many people make a mistake of using smaller wheels for more expansive decks and larger wheels for smaller decks. We highly recommend balancing the size of the deck and wheels so that it doesn’t get bitten on the road and become more durable as a whole.
Wheel size is also responsible for the speed. Larger wheels roll faster because the friction is less whereas smaller wheels face higher surface friction, therefore, move slowly. If you like to cruise on an uneven surface with a lot of hurdles such as sand cruising, opt for larger wheels with right hardness to enjoy perfect rolling.
Make sure your weight is also well supported by the size of the wheels. Larger wheels are ideal for heavier skaters whereas kids with lower weight can enjoy smooth rides with smaller wheels. Below is the chart of skateboard wheels for further help.
The next part that affects the overall performance of a cruising skateboard are the trucks. They are T shaped metal-made items that are attached to the lower side of a deck. These trucks have a place for wheels on both ends. Trucks allow wheels to turn while rolling. With trucks, cruising becomes smoother as the rider doesn’t take frequent pauses around the corners. When you choose trucks always keep the width of the deck in mind as you don’t want trucks to be visible from both sides. Usually, the standard size of trucks is recommended for cruising while kingpin trucks are ideal for downhill boarding. So, as far you are looking for a cruiser, always opt for the one with standard size trucks that also reduce wheel bite.
The next part of a skateboard you need to check is called bearings. Bearings are round metal items that are put inside of wheels to let them mount the axle easily. Bearings come in different sizes depending on the size of wheels and axle. Make sure, the skateboard you are buying has high-quality bearings as they determine the performance of wheels significantly. Bearings are also replaceable and cheap so even if the skateboard is excellent, but bearings are not suitable, buy the board and change the bearings, simple as that!
- COMPLETE SKATEBOARD: Complete 30.5-in. skateboard with a thick, durable 8-ply maple wood deck and 9.75-in. super wide shape
- DESIGN MINDED: Single kicktail, super wide cruiser design provides excellent control and easy braking
- SMOOTH RIDE: 65mm x 51mm poured polyurethane wheels and carbon steel ABEC-5 bearings deliver a smooth ride
- DURABLE: Heavy duty 6-in. aluminum trucks, soft 88A urethane bushings, and 12mm angled riser pads support higher weight and faster speed
- AGE AND WEIGHT: Recommended for ages 8 years and older, supports weight up to 220 lbs.
Reviews of six Best Cruiser Skateboard
1. The Quest Super Cruiser Longboard Skateboard
From the Quest brand, here comes an ideal model of a skateboard for beginners as well as professionals. It is offering an excellent combination of high quality, low price, and stylish design to beat the boredom. Its deck has a length of 44” and width of 9 inches.
Hardwood maple and artisan bamboo are combined to create a durable deck with perfect concave. It’s a wooden deck and bends very slightly when you step on it. As for the wheels and trucks are concerned, they also function correctly and allow smoother rides and quick turns. Overall, it’s a highly recommended skateboard for cruising due to its suitable features and appreciable performance. Users are pretty satisfied with it!
- High-quality material is used in its making that makes it durable enough to withstand all sorts of flat surfaces and too much pressure.
- It comes out of the box in perfect condition, ready to skate. The deck is also more stable and bends only a little to allow more control.
- The wheel bearings are not durable enough and wear out in two to three rides.
2. Ten Toes Board Emporium Zed Bamboo Skateboard Cruiser
Here comes another incredible option for cruisers. It is a well-made skateboard by the ZED brand to cater to the needs of beginner and professional cruisers. It has a 44 inches long deck that is perfect for riders with average height. The Deck is made from the high-quality combination of Bamboo and Maple wood. This combo results in true durability and right flex.
It’s a strong deck with eight ply construction so you may stand with confidence and roll with pleasure. As far as maneuverability is concerned, the making of this skateboard is pretty suitable for performing tricks. The kick-tail shape allows riders to flip over and show their skills to everyone. As trucks are made up of aluminum, they can also bear the pressure of jumps and quick turn over. With this model, you can enjoy flawless street cruising while performing incredible tricks.
- This skateboard rides pretty well and is a perfect pick for beginners.
- The quality is excellent, and the price is easily affordable for students as well.
- It is lightweight hence easy to ride and carry anywhere you want.
- Wheels don’t spin off much longer and wear off pretty soon.
3. Mini Cruiser Skateboard Retro Style Plastic Board
Skatro brand makes this skateboard model. They have implemented their flexy technology to make this incredible cruiser. As too much plastic makes a deck extra stiff and too less plastic makes it quite flexible, Skatro manufacturers have used a machine to determine the amount of plastic they should apply in the making of this board.
This is the reason; it’s a consistent board that can deal with a certain amount of pressure quickly. Other than deck, bearings, wheels, and trucks are also finely finished with significant consideration. These all parts join together to enhance the rolling of this board. From speed to the rotation, everything is pretty good to enjoy an unforgettable ride. As it’s a mini cruiser so kids and teens will find no better option than this piece to learn their crazy cruising tricks.
- It’s a durable skateboard made up of high-quality materials.
- This skateboard is ideal for beginners due to its perfect size and design.
- The price is also reasonable for such high quality.
- Deck has flex for maneuverability.
- Wheels are pretty slippery and wear off sooner than expected. The deck grip is also lower and needs to be improved with grip tape.
- Easy to go: Our mini skateboard comes fully assembled and ready to hit the street! Simple and straightforward in design, 22" x 6'' size, make this board a blast to ride with plenty of room for your feet on top of the deck. Weighs 3.8 pounds, easy to carry around, fits into a carry-on or backpack easily.
- Excellent performance:The board is made of polypropylene, sturdy and durable, support riders up to 220lbs. The cruiser skateboard comes with 3.25" thick aluminum trucks for maximum speed and control. Kicktail for added control when riding, perfect for various maneuvers. Non-slip board for added safety.
- Smooth & speedy ride: The cruiser board features soft PU wheels, High Speed ABEC-7 Bearings and Superior Shock Absorption, perfect for soaking up all those street bumps and sidewalk cracks all while giving you the smooth ride. Comes with All-in-One Skate T-Tool, has everything you need to tighten up or repair your skateboard.
- Colorful pu wheels: The complete skateboard is equipped with light up wheels for some seriously cool cruising, no batteries needed! The lights on the wheel when it rolls is bright and colorful, add an extra element of fun and safety at night.
- Fits for levels: The beginner skateboard is designed for kids, teens or adults who want to have fun or get around town with a smooth and comfortable ride. Perfect for cruising to the store or on a tree lined, winding road and people of a wide range of ages.
4. Cal 7 22 Inch Plastic Mini Cruiser Standard Complete Skateboard
This is another excellent option for beginners who want to enjoy cruising style. It is a complete skateboard, so no assemblage is required at all. The moment you take it out from the box, you can step on it right away to explore your neighborhood. It’s a perfect model for kids and adults to learn the basics of skateboarding.
The deck comes in 22” x 5.75” dimensions and is very easy to carry on campus or in shopping malls. High-quality plastic is used to finish the deck, and this is the reason it weighs pretty light and convenient. You can also fit it into your regular backpack as you won’t be able to ride it indoors. Wheels and trucks are also in perfect shape and size allowing riders to roll smoothly in speeds without compromising on ease or comfort.
- This skateboard feels excellent as it is made up of high-quality materials.
- The price is too low whereas quality is not compromised at all.
- It has a compact size hence carrying it around the campus is secure. It’s portable and easily fixed in backpacks and luggage bags.
- It has such poor bearings that you will need to replace them right after the first ride to enjoy safe cruising.
5. Ridge 27″ Glow in the Dark Cruiser Skateboard
This model is introduced by UK’s well-renowned skateboard brand ‘Ridge Skateboards.’ It’s available in the USA, UK and many other countries in Europe to cater to the needs of skaters. There is no doubt that this model is widely appreciated as an ideal cruiser for beginners. From kids to adults, everybody can get it to explore the fun and excitement of street cruising. Compared to other Ridge models, this mini cruiser is 5” longer and 1.5” wider.
The length of the deck is 27,” and width is 7.5” allowing riders to enjoy more grip on the board. It’s very much stable and allows more control to the rider. Wheels are made from PU material and come in 59mm 78A size that is ideal for cruising. Overall, the design is excellent, and making is top notch so spending your money on this model is not a bad idea at all!
- It is a high-quality skateboard and perfect for beginners who want to learn cruising style.
- The price is also pretty low and easily affordable for students as well.
- The deck is also more stable and offers better control to the riders.
- Wheels don’t roll as well as expected and bearings are not in good condition as well.
6. Landyachtz Dingy 28” complete skateboard
Here comes the best option for all thrill and adventure seekers. With this mini deck board, you can explore most of the skateboarding techniques. Light in weight, the board is pretty easy to carry to places like college and nearby parks. You can also put it in your backpack and be always ready to skate.
High-quality components are assembled to make it a complete product of fun and enthusiasm. As far as durability is concerned, seven-ply Maple makes its deck that doesn’t only offer long-lasting usage but also make it more flexible and maneuver friendly. Overall, it’s an excellent option for all riders from beginners to professionals who want to enjoy the best of skateboarding!
- It is lightweight and portable
- Attempt thrilling drills
- Its compact size makes it fit in any regular backpack.
- The wheels wear off soon.
- It’s not suitable for heavyweight people due to its compact size.
The best skateboarding for cruising is not the most expensive but the one that matches your styles and commuting purposes.
Take the concave, length, and width of the deck into consideration. In addition, check whether the wheels, bearings, and trucks are rolling flexibly.
More importantly, give our 6 recommendations of cruising skateboards a look!
If you find this post useful, please leave us a like and share? Thanks in advance!