Skateboarding is rapidly trending among teenagers and adults. Where this sport is a source of fun and excitement, it’s also a great form of transportation to cover small distances. However, like any other sport, skateboarding also has some risks associated with it that must not be ignored at all. Losing balance and control results in falling off from the deck that may cause serious head injuries. Therefore, consider wearing protective gears among which helmet is most important as it keeps your head protected from severe injuries. In this review, you will be find some useful information regarding skateboard helmets. Let’s begin with the list of top selling skateboarding helmets:
Top 5 Best Skateboard Helmet on Amazon
- Critical Cycles Classic Commuter Bike/Skate/Multi Sport CM-1 Helmet
- Pro-Tec Classic Certified Skate Helmet
- Triple Eight Helmet with Sweatsaver Liner, Black Rubber/Red, Medium
- Flybar Dual Certified CPSC Multi Sport Kids
- Kamugo Kids Youth Adjustable Sports Protective Gear
The Importance of Skateboard Helmets
Measuring Your Head for a Skateboard Helmet
If you don’t know how to measure the size of head, follow these simple steps and know your head size today. Take a measuring tape and wrap it around your head just above the ears and eyebrows because your helmet should not come any low than that. If it will be lower than this height, your vision will be blocked and you will face trouble in having a clear image. Also make sure the tape is not held too tight or too loose.
This well-made Critical Cycles helmet has got you all covered for your safe, adventurous rides. Whether you are into mountain biking or regular skateboarding, this helmet is no doubt a perfect pick for all protection seekers. The amazing thing about this model is that it’s not only designed for a particular sport but gives complete coverage for all sorts of activities including biking and skating. From comfort to durability, all needs of a rider are seriously considered to design this helmet.
It has a number of features that make it number one choice of all professional and amateur riders. There are proper vents in the helmet allowing the air to flow smoothly and keep head free of moisture and temperature pressure. This model has also resolved the size issue as it can be adjusted to three different sizes according to wearer’s needs. In short, it’s a well-padded helmet to keep your head secured from all sorts of injuries.
- It’s padded from the inside and this features ensures minimal injury risks. It feels pretty soft and comfortable and causes no irritation during the ride.The helmet is also pretty solid in making.
- The sizes run too short and tight in comparison to other helmet brands.
This pro-Tec classic skate helmet is also a pretty good choice for all riders from professionals to amateurs. This helmet has been used by millions of riders over the last 40 years and still continues to hold its position as one of the top selling skating helmets. It’s great in terms of protection and comfort. Made up of top notch quality of material, you will find this helmet pretty reliable. Where the outer shell is hard enough to bear the external damage, inner lining is unbelievably soft offering supreme comfort to the wearers. There is also a plush wrap on the inner liner to absorb the sweat and reduce the irritation caused by moisture. It has 11 large vents allowing smooth air flow without any interruption so don’t worry about hot head anymore!
- The shell is durable and strong enough to endure the harsh hits. It doesn’t break or cause strain to the head at all. There are also vents for proper air flow that keeps the temperature balanced.
- The helmet shell fits perfectly but laces are bit loose.
Here comes the third on the list! The Triple Eight Helmet has a killer design and wide color range to allow the riders feel stylish while enjoying complete safety. The perfect glossy finish of the shell makes this helmet a perfect pick for style seeking folks. Another attractive feature of this helmet is its Sweatsaver liner on the inside that absorbs the moisture pretty fast and reduces the sweaty irritation. The sweatsaver liner is also anti-bacterial. This liner makes this helmet a perfect choice for summer skating. You will find it durable enough to protect your head for many years to come.
- The sweatsaver liner absorbs sweat and provides protection from bacteria. The helmet also has padding for proper security and comfort.
- Sizes are smaller than usual.
For kids, there is no better option than Flybar Dual Certified CPSC helmets. They are ideal for skating, biking as well as longboarding. As kids lover colors, this helmet is available in 7 different colors from which you can choose your favorite one and enjoy skating with safety. From cool printed designs to plain matte colors, you can find a wide range when it comes to Flybar helmets.
This model has 12 vents that look stylish and provide an easy flow of air to keep the head cool even in summers. This helmet is available in three different sizes ranging from small to large so first measure your head and then choose the size. It has solid ABS outer shell and soft inner liner to ensure fine protection and proper comfort. The helmet also comes with an adjustable spin dial to ensure right fitting.
- The sizes are perfect for kids. Straps can be adjusted according to kid’s physique. Outer shell is durable and doesn’t break so easily. Inner liner is also comfortable.
- Sizes are too small for adults. Even the larger one is not suitable for a grown up man.
As skating is rapidly increasing among kids, here is another great option for children. You can prefer this reliable Kamugo protective gear set for your kids to enjoy skating while staying safe on the deck. It’s suitable for kids of 3 to 10 years old. This set includes 7 pieces of protective gears including helmet and pads for elbows and knees. The material used in the making of these protective gears is breathable and durable enough to bear external force. All protective gears have multiple adjustable straps so your kids must not feel completely protected. All pieces are lightweight and comfortable to ride in.
- The quality of product is excellent. Size is perfectly suitable for kids.
- Material is breathable hence doesn’t cause any irritation or sweating.
- This set has all essential protective gears that no need to buy anything separately.
- The sizes run way smaller than expected than even kids need to buy larger sizes.
When it comes to skating, wearing protective gears is the best option to increase the fun of this sport. Whether you are a professional or just an amateur, protection is necessary for all. Among all protective gears, helmets play the most important part as it keeps the head protected from serious long-term injuries. Make sure you wear a right sized helmet and to do that, measure your head before you buy the helmet.