It is well known that today skateboarding or longboarding is the cultural trend. The number of people enjoying its service has been increasing day by day. Most of the people who are fond of skateboarding are those who are on the younger generations.
Young people who are skateboarding and longboarding do not consider their safety. They tend to forget the risk of these activities like the risk of banging the head
However, these activities can be made safer just by adding a skateboard helmet to your skateboarding or longboarding kit.
Various companies or manufacturers make good safety helmets for longboarding and skateboarding to avoid any mishap. As we all know, “prevention is better than a cure.”
Are you planning to buy a skateboard helmet? Here is some excellent information that you must read to ensure you get the best one. One of the most important things to keep in mind is the safety because only then will you be able to enjoy a nice ride.
Top 7 Skateboard Helmet Recommendations
|Pro-Tec Classic Certified Skate Helmet||ABS||EPS foam|
|Triple Eight Helmet with Sweatsaver Liner||ABS||Foam|
|Punisher Skateboard Helmet Pro||ABS||EPS|
|Triple Eight Certified Skateboard Helmet||ABS||EPS|
|Triple 8 Downhill Racer Helmet||Hand-laid fiberglass||EPS foam|
|TSG Pass Helmet||Multi-layered glass fiber||EPS foam|
|JBM Adult Skateboard Helmet||PVC & PC||EPS foam|
1. Pro-Tec Classic Certified Skateboard Helmet:
Pro-tec Classic falls under the classification of the best action helmets available these days. It is the oldest and the safest skateboard helmet and has served skating professionals for more than 40 years using the latest technology in making the most protective helmets.
- It has a high-density injection molded PE shell and 2 stage thick inner foam liner. These features make it a very comfortable and impact resistant.
- A plush wrap helps in absorbing the dripping sweat of the wearer and the 11 large vents ensure passage of air inside the helmet keeping the wearer’s head fresh and comfortable. These helmets are available in 14 colors.
2. Triple Eight Skateboard Helmet:
One of the main reasons why it is considered among the best multi-impact helmets is because of its unique design and exceptional quality. Triple Eight is a company that manufactures skateboarding and longboarding kits. This helmet has an ABS outer shell with the most famous sweat saver liner to ensure comfort.
- The design of the helmet is unique as it is a side cut helmet and also has customized Triple Eight logo rivets. Triple Eight helmets have a peculiar design. It consists of a sweat saver liner which helps in removing the smell of sweat and minimize the reproduction of any bacteria as it has undergone an antibacterial treatment.
- It has a 360-degree wrap around design which ensures that the liner will not separate in the helmet’s interior. It is available in red and black. Sweat saver liner replacements are also available in the market.
3. Punisher Skateboard Helmet Pro:
Another helmet on this list is the Punisher skateboard helmet. It is a dual safety helmet certified as a BMX and skateboarding helmet. These helmets are certified with CPSC and ASTM standards which mean that they pass through the strict safety rules for a skateboard helmet as well as a BMX helmet.
- The other helmet brands are not as safe as the Punisher as they are only certified skateboard helmets and merely pass one standard and did not pass the other category.
- The Punisher has thick interior EPS foam for better safety and comfort of the wearer. It has 13 vents to maintain a good airflow and coolness while you wear the helmet. This unique shell design makes the Punisher different from the other helmet brands as it keeps the wearer cool whether riding a BMX or while skateboarding.
- It is an adjustable helmet with three heat-sealed removable foam pads to fit any size.
The unique design makes it wearable for the young generation as well as adults. Moreover, it is a unisex helmet. It is available in seven colors including metallic and neon hues. It also has soft, heavy-duty nylon chin straps.
4. Triple Eight Certified Skater Helmet:
Another option is the Triple Eight Brain Saver Dual-certified helmet. This helmet is suitable for biking, skateboarding, inline skating, roller skating, longboarding, etc. This helmet consists of an EPS liner and is dual-certified with CE EN 1078 (for pedal cyclists, skateboarders, and roller skaters) and AS/NZS 206 (for bicyclists).
- It has also a polystyrene liner for head protection and comfort, and the ventilation holes make it easy for the person to breathe and to ensure proper airflow. This helmet promises to keep you safe while you enjoy your favorite sports activities whether it is roller skating, biking, skateboarding or longboarding.
- The Triple Eight Certified Brain Saver helmet will ensure your safety. The manufacturers say it is a splendid combination of style, fit and comfort.
- It is available in 11 colors in the market.
5. Triple 8 Downhill Racer Helmet:
Do you want to buy a longboard helmet that does not only provides full face protection but also covers the chin and the head? The Triple 8 Downhill Racer Helmet provides excellent protection as well as comfort for your exciting longboard adventures.
Its EPS foam liner with velvet lining and an extra fit pad insert makes it one hell of a comfortable helmet for longboard rides. Moreover, the easy to change visors, plenty of room for stickers, lightweight and high visibility are some of the features that make it the best choice, especially for your downhill rides which falling and head injury are risks.
6. TSG Pass Helmet:
As a strong but light longboard helmet, the TSG Pass Helmet comes with all the promised features of a great product: custom fit cheek pads, aerodynamic design, International Downhill Federation Certified Safe.
EPS foam liners for action sports, bonus visors, and maximum visibility are some of the truly loved and cherished features of longboard helmets, and this particular product has it all at a very reasonable cost.
If you are going to buy this product, then get ready for incredible protection with an amazing comfort experience!
7. JBM Adult Skateboard Helmet:
JBM is a great choice when buying the best skateboard helmets. This adult skateboard helmet has proper ventilation as it contains multiple air vents with a special aerodynamic design and breathable foam. This helmet has got all the desired features that a person could ask for.
- These are considered the “cool” helmets for skateboarding or longboarding. Moreover, it is an impact resistant helmet with a tough shell and soft liner which can quickly absorb any impact or external harm caused during skating activities.
- It is available in the market in seven different colors with a one-year warranty. JBM adult skateboard helmets are multi-sports skating helmets.
- It is equipped with adjustable straps which are lightweight and of excellent quality. Adjustable straps ensure a perfect fit which leads to the great comfort of the wearer. JBM has a vast variety of products for skateboarding and longboarding.
Above are the top 5 skater helmets suitable to all and the best in the market. I firmly believe that the clear winner is the Pro-tec Classic. One of the main reasons behind this conclusion is that Pro-tec is an incredible brand which has all the features which you can expect from a reliable helmet. It is lightweight, available in multiple colors, comes with extra safety and reasonably priced. I won’t say that the other helmets are not a good choice because they are equally good. It is just that the Pro-tec is slightly better than the rest. Also, I would like to add a more critical suggestion. It is to have other longboards gears and skateboard pads because they are essential for ensuring optimum safety.
Wearing helmets while doing any adventure sport or physical activity decreases the chances of being injured or getting any harm. To be safe while doing your favorite sport, don’t forget to wear a helmet. Be safe and adventurous at the same time. And if there is any detail, you think I missed out or any suggestions or comments, please put it below.
Stay safe! Wear a helmet!
- scateboard helmets