Are you planning on buying a skateboard helmet? Here is some excellent information that you must read to ensure you get the best one. One of the most important things to keep in mind is safety because only then will you be able to enjoy a nice ride.
It is well known that today skateboarding or longboarding is cultural trend. The number of people taking it up has been increasing day by day. Younger people are amongst the majority of people who are choosing to take up skateboarding.
Not always considering safety, young people opt for skateboarding or longboarding and can forget the risks these activities hold, such as the risk of banging your head.
However, these activities can be made safer just by adding a skateboard helmet to your skateboarding or longboarding kit.
Various companies or manufacturers make good safety helmets for longboarding and skateboarding to avoid any mishap. As we all know, “prevention is better than a cure.”
Top 7 Skateboard Helmet Recommendations
- Pro-Tec Classic Certified Skateboard Helmet
- Triple Eight Skateboard Helmet
- Punisher Skateboard Helmet Pro
- Triple Eight Certified Skateboard Helmet
- Triple 8 Downhill Racer Helmet
- TSG Pass Helmet
- JBM Adult Skateboard Helmet
1. Pro-Tec Classic Certified Skateboard Helmet:
Pro-tec Classic falls under the classification of best action helmets available these days. It is the oldest and the safest skateboard helmet and has served skating professionals for more than 40 years using the latest technology to make the most protective helmets.
- It has a high density; injection molded PE shell and 2 stage thick inner foam liner. These features make it a very comfortable and impact resistant.
- A plush wrap helps in absorbing the dripping sweat of the wearer and the 11 large vents ensure passage of air inside the helmet keeping the wearer fresh and comfortable. These helmets are available in 14 colors.
2. Triple Eight Skateboard Helmet:
One of the main reasons why it is considered amongst the best multi-impact helmets is because of its unique design and exceptional quality. Triple Eight is a company that manufactures skateboarding and longboarding kits. This helmet has an ABS outer shell with the most famous sweat saver liner to ensure comfort.
- The design of the helmet is unique as it is a side cut helmet and also has customized Triple Eight logo rivets. Triple Eight helmets have a peculiar design that consists of a sweat saver liner that helps in vanishing the smell of sweat and also avoids any bacteria as it has undergone an antibacterial treatment.
- It has a 360-degree wrap around design that ensures no liner separation in the helmet interior. It is available in red and black. Sweat saver liner replacements are also available in the market.
3. Punisher Skateboard Helmet Pro:
Another helmet on this list is the Punisher skateboard helmet. It is a dual safety helmet, certified as a BMX helmet and skateboarding helmet. These helmets are certified with CPSC and ASTM standards which mean they pass through the strict safety rules for a skateboard helmet as well as a BMX helmet.
- The other helmet brands are not as safe as the Punisher as they are only certified skateboard helmets and would merely pass one standard, not the other.
- The Punisher has thick interior EPS foam for better safety and comfort of the wearer. It has 13 vents to maintain a good airflow and coolness while you wear the helmet. This unique shell design makes the Punisher different from the other helmet brands as it keeps the wearer cool whether riding a BMX or while skateboarding.
- • It is an adjustable helmet with three heat-sealed removable foam pads to allow fit for any size wearer.
The unique design makes it wearable for the young generation as well as adults. Moreover, it is a unisex helmet. It is available in seven colors, including metallic and neon hues. It also has soft, heavy-duty nylon chin straps.
4. Triple Eight Certified Skateboard Helmet:
Another option is the Triple Eight Brain Saver Dual-certified helmet. This helmet is suitable for biking, skateboarding, inline skating, roller skating, longboarding, etc. Helmet consists of an EPS liner and is dual-certified with CE EN 1078 (for pedal cyclists, skateboarders, and roller skaters) and AS/NZS 206 (for bicyclists).
- It also has a polystyrene liner for head protection and comfort, and the ventilation holes make it easy for the person to breathe and to ensure proper airflow for the wearer. This helmet promises to keep you safe while you enjoy your favorite sports activities whether it is roller skating or biking or skateboarding or maybe longboarding.
- The Triple Eight Certified Brain Saver helmet will ensure your safety. The manufacturers say it is a splendid combination of style, fit and comfort at the same time.
- It is available in 11 colors in the market.
5. Triple 8 Downhill Racer Helmet:
Do you want to buy a longboard helmet that not only provides full face protection but also covers the chin and head? The Triple 8 Downhill Racer Helmet provides excellent protection as well as comfort for your exciting longboard adventures.
Its EPS foam liner with velvet lining and an extra fit pad insert makes it one hell of a comfortable helmet for longboard rides. Moreover, the easy to change visors, plenty of room for stickers,lightweight and high visibility are some of the features that make it the best choice, especially for your downhill rides, where falling and head injury are risks.
6. TSG Pass Helmet:
A strong but light longboard helmet, the TSG Pass Helmet comes with all the promised features of a great product: custom fit cheek pads, aerodynamic design, International Downhill Federation Certified Safe.
EPS foam liners for action sports, bonus visors, and maximum visibility are some of the truly loved and cherished features of longboard helmets, and this particular product has it all at a very reasonable cost.
If you are going to buy this product, then get ready for incredible protection with an ah-maze-ing comfort experience!
7. JBM Adult Skateboard Helmet:
JBM is a great choice for buying the best skateboard helmets. This adult skateboard helmet has proper ventilation as it contains multiple air vents, a special aerodynamic design, and breathable foam. I feel that this helmet has got all the desired features that a person could ask for.
- These are considered the “cool” helmets for skateboarding or longboarding. Moreover, it is an impact resistant helmet with a tough shell and soft liner which can quickly absorb any impact or external harm caused during skating activities.
- It is available in the market in seven different colors with a one-year warranty. JBM adult skateboard helmets are multi-sports skating helmets, and come with adjustable straps for proper fitting of the helmet.
- It is equipped with adjustable straps which are lightweight and of excellent quality. Adjustable straps ensure perfect fit which leads to great comfort for the wearer. JBM has a vast variety of products for skateboarding and longboarding.
Above are the top 5 skateboarding and longboarding helmets suitable to all and the best in the market. I firmly believe that the clear winner is the Pro-tec Classic. One of the main reasons behind this conclusion is that Pro-tec is an incredible brand which has all the features which you can expect from a reliable helmet. It is lightweight, available in multiple colors, comes with extra safety and is reasonably priced. I won’t say that the rest of the helmets are the wrong choice though as they are equally good. It is just that the Pro-tec is slightly better than the rest. Here, I would like to add a more critical suggestion, and that is to always insist for longboards gears and accessories because the quality is essential for ensuring optimum safety.
Wearing helmets while doing any adventure sport or physical activity decreases the chances of getting injured or any harm. To be safe while doing your favorite sport don’t forget to wear a helmet. Be safe and adventurous at the same time. And if there is any detail, you think I missed out or any suggestions or comments, please comment below.
Stay safe wear a helmet!