"I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post."
What a bliss it is to wander around in cool breeze as a free soul. What else could give you this experience at best besides skateboarding! Indeed, skateboarding is cool stuff, particularly in days when the weather is merely worth enjoying. However, choosing the best skateboard is no less than a headache. Mainly when you are an amateur at skateboarding, you have to be extremely careful. One wrong choice and you will end up with a terrible skating experience alongside some injuries.
Top Rated Best Skateboard on Amazon 2020
- KPC Pro Skateboard Complete
- POSITIV Team Complete Skateboards
- The Quest Super Cruiser Longboard Skateboard
- Penny Complete Skateboard
- Powell Golden Dragon Flying Dragon Complete Skateboard
Are you stuck in the middle while choosing a skateboard for you?
Don’t worry if you are stuck in the middle of making an appropriate skateboard purchase. With an experience of 5 years, I can guide you to select the best skateboard within a reasonable price range. The best skateboard essentially comprises of the durable parts, including the wheels, trucks, bearings and the deck. Make sure you choose a skateboard from a trusted manufacturer. Go for a skateboard that has the best customer reviews and ratings as compared to the thousands of other skateboards.
What Size Skateboard Do You Need?
While you go out for shopping the best skateboard, the first thing you look for is the skateboard deck. You can buy a cruiser, a shortboard (old school), longboard, or anything like that. However, there is one more factor for you to consider – the width of the deck.
Maybe this is the first time you are reading about the technicalities of a skateboard. So you may wonder what a skateboard deck is. If that is the case, then let us tell you that the deck is simply the skateboard itself. Precisely, it is that long flat board upon which you stand.
You can find a plethora of skateboards in the market, all flaunting with different colors, sizes, shapes, and weight. These skateboards decks, though quite variable in size, are usually available within a range of 7 to 10 inches in length. Most skateboard decks are made from bamboo, seven-ply wood, resin, plastic, or carbon fiber. You can choose any of the skateboards depending upon your preference for material, and the place where you will be skating.
Besides, you may wish to consider the following features before finalizing a skateboard deck.
- Width – Most skateboards lie between 7.5 to 8.25 inches in width. The choice of appropriate width of the deck depends upon the rider’s preference and riding style. A widerdeck remains the preferred choice for bigger riders who intend to skate the ramps or vert ramps. Whereas, the usual street skaters choose skateboards with smaller decks. To get the best skateboard for you, you must consider the width more than the length while purchasing.
- Mounting Holes – The skateboards have some pre-drilled holes for the attachment of skateboard trucks. The mounting holes are present in two pairs of 4 holes at both ends of the deck that is, near the tail and the nose.
- Wheelbase – The distance between the inner mounting holes at both ends of the deck is the wheelbase. Usually, this distance lies between 13 and 15 inches. Depending on your riding style, you can choose a skateboard with your desired wheelbase size.
- Tail and nose of the board – Distinguishing between the nose and the tail of a skateboard is usually tricky. However, for most decks, the end with a relatively larger kick is the nose. And, the other side where the kick is mellower is the tail. Most skateboards will let you know about these parts with some graphical aids.
- Length of a skateboard – By length, we refer to the overall distance from the tip of the deck’s nose to the tip of its tail. Again, it wholly depends on your choice and expertise on skating that how long you require your skateboard to be. You can choose the board from any length ranging from 28 to 32 inches.
- Ply – A skateboard usually is made of ply, particularly, seven plies. At a glance, you may not view the ply. But you can identify it by looking at the side of the skateboard, where you see thin layers of maple coating. These layers of the wood add robustness to the overall skateboard.
- Concavity – From the center, between the tail and the nose, the sides of the skateboard slightly turn upwards in a concave manner. This peculiar shape helps the rider to have enhanced control on the board.
What Are The Different Sizes Of Skateboard Decks?
While you are out to choose the best skateboard for you, you will come across the skateboards with various deck sizes and widths. If you are a novice in this domain, then you should focus on the width of the deck, instead of its length or any other features. Try selecting a deck having a diameter that goes well with your size, skating expertise and style, and other choices.
Your desired skateboard will be falling in one of the following sizes.
- Micro Deck (6.5″-6.75″ x 27.2″-27.6″) – This size goes well for children of age 5 years or less. Mainly, it is suitable for the riders who are less than 3’5″ tall, and whose shoe size is 3 or less.
- Mini Deck (7.0″ x 28″) – For the riders 6 to 8 years of age, having a height ranging from 3’5″ to 4’4″, and a shoe size between 4 and 6, mini-deck skateboards are a perfect fit.
- Mid-size Deck (7.3″ x 29″) – For skaters falling in the age group of 9-12 years, with a height of 4’5″ to 5’2″, and having a shoe size of 7 or 8, mid-size decks come in as the best skateboard choice.
- Full-size Deck (widths >7.5″) – For the skaters older than 13 years of age, and who are taller than 5’3″ having a shoe size of 9 and above, the full-size decks are an appropriate fit. You can further select your desired full-size deck based according to the following width criteria.
- 7.5″ to 8″ of width – Suitable for adult riders who prefer street skating and other technical stunts.
- 8.0″ to 8.25″ of diameters – For skating on pools, parks, and ramps.
- Widths larger than 8.25″ – For riders preferring cruising, verts, or going old school.
Regardless of whatever skateboard you choose, it will eventually undergo wear and tear. So, while selecting the best skateboard for you, be ready to get it replaced after a while. After you see any signs of splitting, or imbalance in the wheels, get yourself a new skateboard.
Top 5 Best Skateboards
The KPC Pro Skateboard is a unique product by Krown that proves to be the best fit for most skaters. The size of its deck measures 8.0″ x 32″, which goes well with riders that are more expert. In fact, the KPC Series Pro Skateboard is desirable for anyone who is looking for an upgraded version of rookie variants. This Pro skateboard flaunts with a contemporary concave design that provides comfort to the rider while skating.
The board is assembled professionally by the makers. Most Krown skateboards are boxed assembled, ready for you to ride on. This Rookie skateboard model comprises heavy-duty metal trucks – precisely, 5.0 aluminum trucks, along with 52mm high-rebound 99A urethane wheels, and Abec 7 precision speed bearings. Moreover, it has got Phillips high-tensile head mount hardware with a black 80 grit grip tape. This skateboard bears all the top-rated components that are the desired choice for the skate riders globally.
The makers of this beautiful product, Krown, stepped into the industry with a revolutionary skateboard featuring topnotch quality and an affordable price tag. Krown is undoubtedly credited to bridge the gap between the average level $20 skateboards and the pro skateboards worth $150. Most big box retail boards featured plastic wheels that couldn’t provide adequate rolling. Today, after 20 years of its tireless efforts and experience, Krown has thrived to offer a price-point skateboard to the consumers. It has succeeded to provide a skateboard that bears premium quality components at an affordable price tag. This distinctive trait has made Krown succeed in this market niche of longboards, skateboards, helmets, pads, and some tools. Krown skateboard can prove to be the best skateboard for all beginner and intermediate level skate riders.
- Eye-catching design
- Highly durable
- Smoot wheel rolling
- Suitable for teens
- Grip tape rips off sometimes
Designed specifically for the beginners, the POSITIV Team brings in a fantastic skateboard featuring highest robustness against the wear and tear brought by the learners. In fact, they have not confined their expertise to just one best skateboard; instead, they have come up with an entire range of skateboards to entertain the consumers.
The team is backed by some creative geniuses, Rodney Jones, Sandro Dias, and Carlos De Andrade, led by Andy MacDonald. These freaks joined hands to present the most affordable and innovative skateboards for the newbies, rejuvenating their learning experience.
The Spring 2012 Digital Series complete skateboards bear the most perfect decks manufactured according to the specification standards of Skate One. It makes use of the skateboard specs of its proprietary AirLam.
POSITIV skateboards usually comprise of maple and with hard birch. Moreover, it has got multiple plies glued together with waterproof stuff, and sealed to ensure resistance to moisture. The bottom of the boards is coated with SST slide treatment for improvised slide lengths. Also, these boards flaunt POSITIV trucks with MiniLogo bearings.
- Resistant to harsh treatments
- Smooth wheel rolling
- Best for newbies
- Bearings sometimes get stuck
Here comes another board that competes well to be listed as the best skateboard. The Quest Super Cruiser Longboard Skateboard certainly favors the new riders who want to learn skating using a durable board. This Quest skateboard brags about with its affordable price, important components and artistic design.
This unique skateboard comprises original bamboo with multi-ply hardwood maple that is designed and shaped to bring a worth-cherishing ride to the skater. This hard material makes the deck quite stiff. Only sometimes, there can be a slight bent upon standing.
Talking about its components, The Quest skateboard bears Abec 7 bearings, seven-ply Superflex bamboo and maple deck, and 7″ metal aluminum trucks.
Predominantly, these skateboards can be considered as longboard with a length of 44 inches. These boards are the best choice for pro riders too. Quest has undoubtedly brought a revolutionary uplift in the world of surf, skate, and snowboarding, by bringing in the most innovative technology with state-of-the-art components.
- Length is best for adult riders
- Robustness makes it suitable for beginners too
- Resistant to routine wear and tear
- The length may sometimes be a glitch for the new riders
- The trucks appear a bit wobbly when initially unboxing the board
Penny Australia Skateboard comes in as the next best skateboarding our list. It is a beautiful 22-inch skateboard bearing the classic nonslip deck. The skateboard provides you with a smooth ride with 83A wheels that work best for mini-cruise skaters.
Besides, it bears Abec7 stainless steel bearings for increased robustness. Whereas, it has got soft wheels that ensure a smooth ride even on the sidewalk cracks.
To provide more convenience to the consumers, particularly regarding repair and maintenance, the manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty on this product. What else can you assume from a product besides quality, affordability, and lifetime warranty!
The Penny complete skateboard flaunts a unique design that reminds us of the 1970s. Its design seems like a retro replication from what skateboards have been derived. The minimalist design of this skateboard makes it perfect for cruising on the way. Regardless of wherever you go, this Penny skateboard accompanies you well on your ride. If you are going to school, you can swiftly keep it inside your locker owing to its small size.
- Affordable price
- Smooth turning and pushing off
- Robust decks ensure resistance to damages
- Lightweight makes it easy to ride
- Sometimes, the wheels appear loose upon unboxing the board
Another worth buying product by Powell-Peralta is this finely assembled skateboard that comes in complete assemblage and great quality. Like always, once again this brand has maintained its prestige by providing a durable product featuring impressive components.
The skateboard is pretty cheap in price but great in quality. Being a beginner, you will find it a reasonable pick in comparison to other low quality expensive skateboards. It’s definitely a smart choice for beginners as well as price conscious advance riders.
Coming to the design of the board, it has a concave deck which is ideal for tricks. Slightly upward folds from front and back end allow the riders to get their feet locked on the board and perform impressive tricks. Wheels are also smaller which keeps the board closer to the ground so you may jump and twist the board easily. Aside from the size of the wheels and trucks, their material is also quite durable and perfectly suitable for performing advance level drills.
This skateboard can withstand up to 200 pounds weight with an additional pressure shock. Usually decks break or bend from the middle due to excessive shocks resulted from jumps but it’s not the case with this Powell Peralta model. Each component is made up of durable material to bear the compression and stress released during advance level trick attempts.
- Cheap in price for beginners as well as price conscious advance riders
- Ideal to perform advance level drills
- Wheels and trucks are pretty smooth and roll quite impressively
- Grippy surface on the top of the deck
- Crabon steel axles to reinforce additional strength
- Trucks may require frequent lubrication to perform better in long run.
Skateboarding can be an enjoyable experience as you set off for various long and short rides. The only thing you should take care of is that the one you have or buy is the best skateboard for you. Considering the size, resistance, quality of components, price, and customer reviews, you can pick up the right option for you. After reaching this point of the article, we are sure you would have learned what to look for before spending your money on a skateboard. To help you narrow down your choice, we have picked up the five best skateboards that could undoubtedly be your desired board. Enjoy your rides!