If you are struggling with your skateboard assessment then this is the right place you have came across. I have more than 5 years of exposure to different skateboards. My job is to help you choose the safest skateboard which is available at a reasonable price and is highly appreciated by top notch skateboarders all over the world.
One must keep this important point in mind that a safe skateboard is built on a solid structure which has got relevant deck, quality trucks and wheels and durable material. Hence, my assessment will help you get such a skateboard which will match the style of your choice.
People these days buy a skateboard and shortly after some time they have to replace or change. One of the main reasons for this immediate change is because of lack of information about the skateboard. I will make sure that detail information is provided so that it becomes easy for you to pick the perfect skateboard which will last longer.
Top 5 Best Skateboard for Beginners
- MINORITY 32inch Maple Skateboard
- POSITIV Team Complete Skateboards
- The Quest Super Cruiser Longboard Skateboard
- Penny Australia Classic Complete Skateboard
- Powell Golden Dragon Flying Dragon Complete Skateboard
How to Choose the Best Skateboard for Beginners
Choose the Deck:
Decks are the most important component of the skateboard, as it has to provide full support to your whole body and provide you with balance and grip for smooth ride. For beginners, plastic skateboards are deemed best to assist you in your learning process. But as your learning enhances with time, slimmer boards with better surface grip are more convenient and fun to use.
The average width of decks available in skateboards is eight inches however; there are many different varieties available as well. In case of wider deck, it provides you better balance as compared to slimmer kind but it does not allow you to perform skateboard tricks. Decks come in variety of materials that include wood, fiberglass or carbon. Considering the price, plastic decks comes cheaper, but if we consider quality then other options though more expensive, prove worthwhile.
Size of the Deck
Width of the deck is considered more important than the length of the deck, unlike popular belief. It varies between the ranges of 7.5” to 8.25”. Its ideal width for you depends on your own height, shoe size, skating style and personal liking.
Usually, four sizes are available in the market.
- Full Size: Deck 7.5” or more: Best for all skaters above 13 years of age with height taller than 5’3” and shoe size 9 and above.
- Mid-Size: Deck 7.3”: For 9 to 12 years old, between 4’5” and 5’2” tall with shoe size between 7 and 8
- Mini Size: Deck 7.0”: For 6 to 8 years old, between 3’5”, 4’4” tall, and shoe size 4-6.
- Micro Size: Deck 6.5” t o6.75”: 5 years old or younger, under 3’4” tall with shoe size 3 or smaller.
Top five Best Skateboard for Beginners
Minority Maple Skateboard is an aesthetically engineered, quality skateboard for beginners. It is solid to the core, made with 7-ply hardrock maple cold pressed into 32×8-inch deck. It is built to endure weight up to 220 lbs. Its mediate concave design makes it perfect for performing tricks with ease and dexterity. Its 5-inch long trucks made with genuine aluminium alloy makes it epitome of strength and endurance. Its carbon steel kingpin and 78A high rebound PU bushing adds to its strength. ABEC-9 precision bearings are manufactured using chromesteel with 52mm 102A PU wheels making Minority Maple Skateboard a speedster.
Its manoeuvrability test on streets, ramps and pools produced positive results so being a newbie, you can rest assure of smooth ride. Coming in various colourful designs, it is a feast for your eyes as well.
- It is sturdy and durable.
- It provides smooth ride.
- It provides excellent balance.
- The deck is not very flexible.
Trendy looking POSITIV Team Complete Skateboards are part of Digital Series released by POSITIV, manufacturers of superior quality skateboards. It is built by combining multiple piles of wood together using waterproof glue. Therefore, if you are a beginner and want to roll in style as well, POSITIV Team Complete Skateboard is your thing.
It comes in-group of three—Rodney Jones, Andy Macdonald and Carlos De Andrade. Use of waterproof glue provides protection against moisture, thus making the board free from moisture while its bottom is coated with a SST slide treatment that provides extra mile to the length of your slides. It comes with POSITIV trucks and MiniLogo bearings.
- It highlights sturdy and durable body.
- Its wheels provides smooth ride.
- Its solid body provides everything a person is looking for in terms of looks and quality.
- It is easy to Ollie using this board.
- Deck and Trucks are heavy.
The Quest Super Cruiser Longboard Skateboard provides perfect size, 44” for the novice skaters. Its multi-ply Hardwood Maple and artisan bamboo deck is artistically designed to fulfil your aesthetic needs as well. You will not get such detailed design in such price anywhere else.
It comes with genuine ABEC 7 speed bearings, 7 Ply Super Flex Bamboo and Hardwood Maple Deck, 7-inch aluminium Trucks. It showcases good components with optimum performance level. Using latest technology, our product features latest innovation in skateboard manufacturing with best components used for high-end performance on the streets.
- It offers smooth ride due to its large wheels.
- Its flex and stiffness are in perfect balance to be responsive.
- It offers great stability, especially to a new rider.
- It offers good turn radius
- It is a little wobbly in the start, especially for the beginners.
A 100% genuine Penny board, it is a complete skateboard featuring classic design. Its design reference comes from 1970s boards. It replicates the retro era skateboard. Its small size makes it ideal cruiser providing you ease of using it anywhere. Whether commuting to your school, or surfing along with friends, Penny Complete Skateboard provides a smooth ride. It is lightweight, easy to carry around as well. It can easily bear heavy weight and will not give in. you can easily master your skateboarding skills and become a pro using genuine Penny Australia Classic Complete Skateboard.
- It offers smooth ride.
- It islightweight and easy to carry around.
- It comes in beautiful colours, catering to your aesthetic sense.
- It is very sturdy and durable and can bear heavy weight with ease.
- It is not built for tricks that involve jumping.
Its beautifully designed affordable skateboard that provides optimum ride for both, amateurs and pro riders. Its high-rebound, hand-cast polyurethane wheels are built to provide best roll and grip during action. Its 7.625 inches wide and 31.625 inches long top board provides ample grip and stable ride for the beginners who are still learning to stand while riding without any fear of slipping off the board. Its colourful screen-printed bottom lets you ride in style. It is built to demanding specifications.
Its All Powell-Peralta Ligament decks features one wider and more robust polymeric strap. The ligament strap is so powerful that in case your board breaks, the ligament strap will hold your deck together to allow you to ride out of it. Ligament decks are same in weight as a 7-ply maple deck but provides more pop and provide more stiffness that last longer than ordinary boards.
- It provides smooth ride with the ability of controllable gliding.
- It offers good quality in reduced price.
- It is sturdy and durable.
- Wheels are smooth and roll nicely, without any stalling.
- Wheels are hard.
- Trucks bushings are soft making the whole board lean quite easily.
List of five best skateboards for beginners will give you a good idea about how to choose the best skateboard for beginners. You can take assistance from the professional for the tips and tricks for becoming a pro. A good quality skateboard built for beginners can help you learn to ride a skateboard and once you are pro, you can advance to intermediate or pro level and go on purchasing skateboard accordingly. It is an exciting outdoors sports enjoyed by thousands around the world and can provide you commuting facility to your school, college or workplace.