Longboarding has become a favorite sport, and it is known as one of the fastest growing youth sport as people enjoy riding on the board at high-speed and doing various tricks on the board.
Longboarding is not an easy sport; however by following proper tutorials and guidelines, one can quickly start riding on a Longboard. Longboards are of different types of this fantastic sport comes with some forms. There are a variety of Longboards available in the market for different purposes and uses. We will be sharing you the pros and cons of the famous and highly recommended, Drop-Through Longboard.
A drop-through longboard looks like a normal Skateboard; however, it comes with a cutout in the deck. This cutout in the deck lets you fit the trucks well on the board. Drop-through Longboards are great for freeride skateboarding. The high competition in manufacturing different types of drop-through longboards makes it difficult for the new buyers to choose the perfect board for their desired needs in the Skateboarding field.
Nowadays, drop-through Longboards have seen a growing interest in the Skateboarding sport, and many professional skateboards have switched their existing Longboards with the drop-through longboards. They are more comfortable and easy to handle boards designed for all types of riders.
Important Points to Consider
- A drop-through longboard where trucks are mounted through the original board is becoming quite popular. They come with more stability to ride on the board at high speed. There are different types of drop-through longboards available in the markets which are designed for all kinds of people. You should go with the one which fits you best and fulfills your requirements.
- People who have experience can easily understand that there are several factors affect the overall performance of a board. Since there are a variety of longboards available in the market, they do serve kind of the same interface, and each board is more or less the same.
- A Drop-through longboard lowers the center of gravity of the rider. This style of riding is quite famous as it decreases the stress on the hips and lower body parts of the rider. This makes it easier for the rider to push and or break easily in different riding conditions.
A Drop-Through longboard is a part of the drop down longboard. The other drop down longboard is Drop Deck longboard. These boards are designed to provide better stability in the lower ground platform, so these longboards are ideal for cruising and sliding. These acquire a whole new style which makes it easier for the rider to ride comfortably on the longboards.
A Drop-through longboard has gained good popularity over the past few years as they offer much more stability compared to the other Drop Deck Longboard. For that reason, most of the skaters who are practicing cruising go with the Drop-Through longboard.
If you are just unaware of the advantages and disadvantages of the drop-through longboard, then here we have listed down all the pros and cons of a drop-through longboard. You can follow the list of its Pros and Cons and can decide whether you should purchase a Drop-through Longboard or not!
Drop-Through Longboard Pros
- Drop-through Longboards have a unique design which attracts most of the Skateboards. Since Skateboarding comes with a variety of tricks and styles, a Skateboard always tries to go with the different skateboard to experiment with something new on the boards. A Drop-through Longboard is commonly used for Cruising. A drop-through longboard’s configurations are designed to match the Cruising style of skateboarding at high speed.
- Drop-through Longboards provides a shallow platform which offers better stability while riding on board at high-speed.
- On a drop-through longboard, you can easily maintain control and push the speed as per your requirements.
- Drop-through longboards provide more flexibility than other skateboards which are more suitable for all types of skateboarders.
- Drop-through longboards are also suitable for low-speed carving.
- It is more suitable for free riders who enjoy sliding on their boards as the center of gravity is much lower which makes the board much more stable
Drop-Through Longboard Cons
- Drop-through longboard comes with flexibility, and due to this behavior, they are not the strongest in the range as your weight is distributed on the eight different bolts.
- Drop-through longboards are designed for cruising and carving and for that reason; it is not an ideal board for all types of skateboarders.
- Due to their unique structural establishment, a drop-through longboard is much more drifty, so it is not stable on different platforms
- From a drop-through longboard, a professional skateboarder cannot focus on technical performance through drop-through longboard.
- Drop-through longboard doesn’t offer more prone to drifting which makes downhillers uncomfortable while in action.
- With drop-through longboard, you can not maintain the proper grip on the field
- You can not achieve sharpest turns on a drop-through longboard due to lower deck design from the front
So, folks, these are the Pros and Cons of the Drop-Through Longboard. We hope the above-listed information help you out to get the desired longboard for your profession. Before choosing any of the available longboards, we request you first to collect proper knowledge of the board which you are going to buy. There are various sources available from which you can get all the required details of a particular board.
Since there are some different types of Longboards available in the market, first you have to be well aware of your requirements and the platform on which you are going to perform. Longboards offer excellent stability compared to other trendy boards; however, you can not take the Longboards everywhere as they are designed for particular purposes of the users.
Along with the longboard, you should also take enough care of your safety first. There are some different types of safety accessories available in the market. We recommend you to purchase the safety gears as well to keep yourself safe and secured from various injuries while performing on the longboards.