Electric scooters are not only an item for entertainment but also a useful means to help you move around every day. If you are having financial trouble buying a car, then an electric scooter is also a wise choice.
A great thing about electric scooters is that their prices vary from model to model, manufacturer to manufacturer. Thus, buyers can widen their options and choose one that’s suitable for their budget. So how much are electric scooters?
How Much are Electric Scooters?
Nowadays, the trend of riding a scooter to school, to work, or simply to have fun is popularized all over the world. After all, we adults do have the need to feel like a kid once in a while. That’s why we come back to our favorite pastime: electric scooters.
Due to the current modern technology, the variety of choices is broadened. Therefore, specialists and commuters from around the world are also replacing gasoline-fueled vehicles with electric ones.
Thus, electric scooters are not just for entertainment, they can be your daily means of transport.
The prices of electric scooters vary depending on the type and purpose of users. For starters, we have 3 basic types of electric scooters: scooters for kids, scooters for commuting, and seated electric scooters.
Electric scooters for Adults (for Commuting)
Regardless of age, nowadays, even grown-ups can ride scooters. Whether for the fun of riding a scooter or for the lightness and the agility it brings when riding to work, electric scooters are a worthy investment for every adult.
Moreover, electric scooters are a great alternative to gasoline-powered vehicles. They are eco-friendly, convenient, and easy to ride. When people are spending hours stuck in heavy traffic, you can weave through streets with ease.
Seat-less electric scooters are available in many models, colors, and sizes. The prices vary from $300 to $3000.
For starters, electric scooter models cost around $200-$300 for features and specs like solid tires, disc brakes, unlimited charge times, and a max speed of about 20 miles per charge.
Our top suggestion is an electric scooter with lightweight design and a max speed at about 15MPH. Rated 4 out of 5, this scooter is suitable for both riding to work and riding in your neighborhood running errands.
Electric Scooters for Kids
It’s getting harder and harder to encourage your children to play outdoors these days. Thankfully, an electric scooter is a fun way to cut down on time spent on smartphones and TVs, and enjoy exciting outdoor activities!
Normally, scooters for kids cost only under $200. So if you want to get your children a birthday present, an electric scooter will be the perfect choice.
Let’s add power to your daily ride with this modern electric scooter. It reaches a max speed of 10 MPH, which is perfect for the kids. Plus, you can ride this scooter for 80 minutes non-stop!
Seated Electric Scooters
Seated electric scooters are an adult adaptation of kids’ version, with an added seat. The added seat provides comfort and convenience for riders. Thus, seated electric scooters are not only suitable for adults, but they’re also a great means of transport for old people.
For higher-end scooters, the price can go up to $1000-$3000. At such a high price, you’ll get what you pay for. Electric scooters at higher-tier price offer a max speed of up to 50+ miles per hour and a range of 100 miles on a single charge.
For example, the GigaByke Groove 750 Watt Motorized E-Bike with 30-LED headlights and thick tires will give you a feeling of ruggedness. Especially, when you’re running out of electricity, you can pedal with side pedals (a new feature on electric bikes).
What to Look for in an Electric Scooter?
There are a few things you need to keep in mind while picking out your electric scooter:
- Comfort: Comfort should be the first thing to come to mind when you’re deciding on buying an electric scooter. A comfort-providing scooter should have either suspension or air tires to ride on pavements and bumps on the road.
- Maximum weight capacity: The electric scooter should have the ability to support your weight and more.
- Maximum speed: Choose electric scooters with the maximum speed according to your needs.
- Ride performance: You should be able to test the scooter out before buying. How it feels on each terrain is very important for long-term use.
- Battery: There are external factors that can affect your scooter’s battery life like the distance you travel, speed, terrain, weather conditions, etc. But most electric scooters last for 25000 to 30000 km.
How to Determine a Suitable Price for Your Scooter?
There are 2 factors that directly affect your decision on how much you should spend on an electric scooter:
- Purpose: Is the scooter you’re buying for commuting between work and home? Or does it serve the purpose of entertainment and pastime? You need to determine which features you want on your scooter, therefore, determine its price.
- Warranty: You need to ensure that the company will be around in the future to live up to their provided warranty. With a warranty of 1 year or more, you can purchase the electric scooter without a doubt.
So how much are electric scooters? They are affordable and definitely won’t break your bank. So it really depends on your budget and purpose of use.
I hope this article has helped you answer the questions you have about electric scooters. Stay tuned for our next posts!