A longboard is a wonderful sports tool similar to a skateboard. But it’s longer than and used for racing, sliding and dancing. It’s widely gained popularity among people. However, the longboard has relatively hard wheels.
The deck is made from plywood and commercially available in various shapes and sizes. There are many tricks that could be accepted to play on this longboard. Also, you can slow down on a longboard with some tricks and learn the basics how to use it.
Basic Principles to Know How to Slow Down On a Longboard
- The foremost thing is to know the basics of longboard riding so that you can slow down on a longboard and avoid possible collisions. If you are a beginner, you should practice riding on a longboard. This will help you to control the board while riding on the street.
- A good practicing skill would make you master on slowing down the longboard. You should learn moving forward on the board and this way you can able to slow down the longboard. Find a best possible location to slow down the board. You can slide to slow while riding.
- By zigzagging riding you can slow down the riding. You can use your body balance to resist the winds that will also slow down your riding. With foot breaking also you can slow it from the maximum speed.
- Position your back foot slightly behind the center that will slow your riding. As you get used to practicing how to slow the longboard while riding you can balance more. You can also learn the skills by watching some YouTube videos or online basic learning. Wear some protective helmet and also sports shoe to get a firm grip on the board.
Like any vehicle, a longboard is easy to ride and also if you would learn the tactics it is the easier way to slow it down while riding on it. A complete longboard is assembled with various features and these aspects will help you to balance the board easily.
The wheels on the board are larger than any other skateboard. Therefore, it is important to balance the foot while riding this. If you position your feet quickly that can slow it down the ride. With quick running steps, you can slow down the longboard. The foot braking technique is one of the easiest skills you can practice to slow it down.
These are The Most Important Points to Consider
- When you want to slow down the board just position your front foot forward and bent your knee a bit. You can slightly make down your face and put your back foot to the side of the board to slow it down. Hit your rear wheel by balancing your feet.
- You can start learning at a slower speed and practice your foot balance. Keep your foot out the side of the board while riding this will prevent to speeding up the board while on the street. Keep your weight of the body across the bottom of your foot, which will slow your ride down.
- The foot brake is the essential step to slow down the long board. This board runs faster when you ride on it. Hence, it is important to slow it down with proper practice. The important factor is to learn how to slow the speed of a longboard.
By practicing the appropriate body balance on the board will minimize the speed quickly. Your foot should be put forward and also you can balance our body weight while rolling on the board. Whatever the speed would be you could able to slow it with the proper balancing process. Remember to place the heel of the foot on the ground when you want the riding slow. You can also apply the foot pressure to slow the ride. You can press your ankle on the board and make it really slow.
- You can even half bend to make the longboard riding slowly. This is the great way of fun and enjoyment riding. But it is also important to know the basic skills of the board how to making it slow while you are on the street or hillside. You should know where to slow your board. By wearing proper footwear is also a good idea to slow down the board.
- Shifting your body weight on the foot front can slow the ride. Lift up your back foot and also by dragging the foot on the ground can slow down the longboard. Make sure to apply pressure on the ground to slow the board. You should be extra careful on the different types of grounds, where you can balance your body weight and slow it down at the same time.
- You have to be extra cautious in the traffic area and by bending a bit down towards the front you can slow your ride. Don’t give more weight to your back foot. So by sliding side of the board, you can slow it. You should turn your hips and shoulders in the direction of your sliding posture. Determine the speed of the board and kick out with your back foot to slow it down.
It is essential to learn the sliding process that will slow down the board. Continue rotating on the board will help you to slow down the board. Lean forward and by turning 180 degrees forward you can also minimize the board speed.
For a smooth transition, it’s important to learn the speed practicing to slow the board. You can utilize the foot brake and get it slow with the proper skills. By performing toe side technique that is involved in becoming lower the ground can slow your board.
Use your back foot to slide and it can reduce the speed. By running your hand on the ground slowly is another best technique to reduce the speed of the board. Your free hand can grab the board while other hand you can push on the ground can make the board slow. Learn and practice that would help you how to slow down on a longboard.