Before attempting this board trick, you should wear your protective gears and take all the necessary safety precautions in order to avoid an injury. A beginner might lose the grip while performing this trick, which might cause a serious injury. So, it’s better to take all the safety precautions before attempting a manual.
In this article, we will help you to easily perform this amazing trick on a Longboard with ease and comfort. So, let’s have a look at the instructions to learn this amazing board trick:
Steps to perform a basic manual
1. Start rolling forward
2. Place your back foot on the tail
3. Bend your knees
4. Shift your body weight
5. Maintain your balance
So, now you are rolling forward with one set of wheels in the air. Now, you would like to keep doing this for a longer period. The only way to keep going through this is to maintain your balance. If you are not able to maintain it for a longer period of time, then keep on practicing. Moreover, when you find it difficult to maintain your balance, lean back and put additional weight on the tail of the board to control the board.
- If you are attempting manual for the first time, then you may fall many times. So, it’s better to wear protective gears such as elbow pads, knee pads and helmets in order to prevent any injury.
- Don’t get discouraged, if you are not able to perform manual for a longer period as it requires time and patience to be good at it. So, keep on trying and after a few attempts, you will learn to perform manual for a longer period without losing your balance.
6. Push your front foot
Steps to perform a nose manual
1. Roll forward with front foot
2. Shift your weight on your front foot
3. Put additional weight on the front wheels
It is quite difficult to hold your nose manual for longer period as compared to a basic manual. You need to put your extra efforts, if you want to hold your nose manual for longer distances. Once, you are able to maintain your balance, you can easily hold your nose manual for the same time period you can hold your basic manual.
4. Push down with your back foot
If you correctly execute the methods mentioned above, you can easily learn one of the amazing board tricks i.e. manual. So, follow the methods mentioned above step by step in order to learn basic manual and nose manual.
5. Useful tips for performing manual
- When you are pushing your body weight back, make sure your body do not lean back. Only the lower body should lean back and the upper body should be little forward in order to maintain a balance.
- One of the most useful tips for maintaining a balance to raise your arms. Most of the riders do not follow this tip as it looks quite silly, but it is quite effective. So, do follow this tip unless you have mastered your balancing skills.
- In order to perform a manual or a nose manual, make sure you have gained some good speed as it will make it easy to lift your Longboard.
- Do not lean too far backward as the tail of the board will hit the ground, which will cause you to fall from the board. Moreover, if you are not comfortable with keeping your back foot on the tail, then try to place it on the curve between the tail and the trucks.
- If you want to end a manual or nose manual, come down fast because if you come down slowly, then you will not be able to maintain your balance and as a result fall from the board. Falling from the board might cause your several injuries, so it is better to slam down fast.
- If you are practicing this skill for the first time, make sure to try it on grass or a carpet as it will make sure you are not badly injured in case you fall from the board while learning.
- Many riders avoid wearing protective gears as they think practicing on carpet or grass will not cause serious injuries. However, you should not risk your life as you can badly injure yourself while learning any basic Longboard trick. So, always wear your protective gears whenever you step on your Longboard for your safety.
The tips mentioned above will help you to learn the manual trick with minimal risk. So, follow the tips mentioned above to prevent any serious injuries, while learning this amazing Longboard trick.